E Visas Best Financial Investment Transactions
As foreign investors evaluate their E visa strategy, it is important to consider what transactions will count toward the total investment of the planned business.
Given the nature of some small businesses, it is sometimes difficult to accumulate a high level of investment.
However, if carefully planned an acceptable level of financial investment can be reached.
Consider the following types of transactions:
1. Payments for office space leases. USCIS or the Consular Posts will normally consider any deposit toward to any office space. However, one can also prepay a lease in advance and have any prepaid amounts count toward the total investment.
2. Equipment. The government will count any purchases of office, commercial, or industrial equipment toward the total investment. Also remember that one can lease equipment and use any prepaid amounts toward the total investment. Tip: Don’t forget to include computers, phones, networking gear, fax machines, and copiers toward the total investment.
3. Inventory. Carefully aggregate all of the expenses for prepaid inventory. Retain all invoices to establish market value of the goods purchased because this will count toward the investment.
4. Company Car. If you used for the business operation, an investor can include the cost of a vehicle.
5. Insurance. One should not overlook insurance expenses as part of the investment. Consider adding up the prepaid premiums for property insurance, as well as liability, worker’s compensation, and business interruption insurance.
6. Accountant and Bookkeeping fees. Any prepaid retainers can be counted.
7. Lawyer Fees. A foreign investor will generally hire immigration and business counsel to assist in the business startup and investor visa process. Accordingly, include these fees.
8. Marketing Fees. Any prepaid fees toward advertising and/or public relations campaigns can be counted toward the total investment.
10. Signing Bonuses for Key Employees. One interesting way of reaching a higher level of investment is to offer key hires a signing bonus. Since the bonuses will be paid in advance, then the investor can count the bonus toward the total investment.
E2 Visa or Immigration Questions? Please Contact VERDIN
Isaul VERDIN has extensive experience advising multinational companies and entrepreneurs on complex US immigration matters involving investments.
Mr. VERDIN focuses on advising companies on structuring entities, acquisitions, and strategic expansion to satisfy US immigration E-1, E2, L1A, L1B, or EB-1 objectives in a variety of fields. These business opportunities include real estate, aviation, technology, manufacturing, retail, luxury goods, and professional services. Additionally, he litigates deportation defense matters throughout the US.
VERDIN boasts a combined 70 years of experience in immigration law. Since its inception, VERDIN has gained a reputation for prevailing in even the most complicated immigration matters.
“As a Board Certified, Immigration Lawyer (Texas Board of Legal Specialization) with over 17 years of experience, my passion is immigration law. We will listen to your concerns, answer all your questions, and expertly guide you through your immigration process.” ~ Isaul VERDIN, Founder and Managing Attorney
VERDIN business hours are from 8-5PM Monday through Friday.
There are several ways to contact VERDIN. Please read the options below and reach out to us.
- To schedule an appointment at any of our locations please call our main number listed below.
- If this is your first time contacting VERDIN, please enter your information in side bar and someone will contact you shortly. If you contact us after business hours or over the weekend, we will contact you the next business day.
- If you prefer to Skype, please provide us with your Skype caller identification.
- If you are an existing client and wish to speak with a specific person at VERDIN, please click on “Our Team” in the navigation menu above and choose from one of our team members.
Dallas Office Address & Hours of Operation:
900 Jackson St. Suite 535
Dallas, Texas 75202
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Main Number: (214) 741-1700
We look forward to talking with you!